BIG WHITE MOUNTAIN EARLY LEARNING CENTRE
The Big White Mountain Early Learning Centre adheres to all provincial licensing regulations while incorporating recognized educational methods in early childhood learning, including Montessori, a teaching method based on self-directed activity, hands-on learning and collaborative play, in which children will learn by handling a wide variety of objects while exploring their environment. The children, motivated by self-development will use multi-sensory materials to grow specific skills.
At the Big White Mountain Early Learning Centre children will make creative choices in their learning, while the classroom and the Teacher offer age-appropriate activities to guide the process. We will provide a safe, engaging and nurturing environment for the child. Children will develop gross motor coordination and fine motor skills and will be offered regular opportunities to gain independence in daily tasks.
The following are the curriculum areas that each child will be introduced to: exercises in practical life/fine motor skills (including water works), language, writing, sensorial, math, natural science (including botany and zoology), art, music, cultural studies, imaginative play and physical education/gross motor development.
- The 2019/2020 Early Learning Centre programs will run from September 2019 to June 2020. Regular hours will be Monday to Thursday. Programs will operate within the Big White Community School.
- Where possible we can modify your child’s program in order to accommodate parent/guardian schedules.
- The ELC operates with an Occasional Child Care License - No child will exceed the maximum of 40 hours, per 30 day period.
All programs run September to June and are as follows:
A.M. Program - Group A (18 to 35 months)
- Schedule - Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 8:30 to 11:45 A.M.
P.M. Program - Group B (3 years to under 6)
- Schedule - Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 12:00 to 3:15 P.M.
Monday P.M. Program - Group C (18 months to under 6 years)
- Schedule - Monday, 12:00 to 3:15 P.M.
- The Early Learning Centre is primarily for the local children of Big White Mountain community aged 18 months to under six years. Additional children staying in the community may join in if the maximum daily ratio is not yet reached.
- Big White Fire Department WEP and other volunteers may also support the Early Learning Centre where relevant and appropriate with certain activities.
- Parent(s)/guardian(s) may sign up for the Early Learning Centre for the duration of the school year, or for daily drop-ins where space allows.
- Daily meeting point of activities will commence from the lower level of the Big White Community School, located at 400 Happy Valley Road. Parent(s)/guardian(s) are responsible for providing transportation for their children to get to and from programs.
For registrations or more information, please feel free to email email@example.com